Childhood memories – Discovered “Love of Color” working with my colored pencils, adding water to the paper, and watching the colors “pop”.
Along the Way
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Cum Laude and minor in Fine Arts George Mason University 1981
- Sigma Theta Tau National Honor Society for Nursing
- Art Exhibits – Ithaca New York, Virginia Beach, Virginia, Washington, DC.
- Two solo art exhibits at Georgetown University Hospital.
- Watercolor workshops in Maine
Taking a Breather
- Raised a family
- Masters of Art Degree: Nurse Practitioner Program University of Maryland 1999
- Georgetown University Hospital – worked as Nurse Practitioner in Endocrinology and instructor in Nursing Education
- Retired in 2010
- Renewed my interest and love of art. Started “second career” as an artist
- Attended multiple art courses/workshops since 2010
- Formed the 7 Palettes Group along with 6 friends “Making and Sharing their Art”
- Self Directed Workshop – with 7 Palettes Art Group in California
- Art Memberships Friends of the Yellow Barn, Glen Echo Maryland Montgomery Art Association, Montgomery County, Maryland
- Music – Study voice and sing with two choral groups
- Travel – USA, Russia, China, Tibet, Egypt, and Europe
- Knitting – Enjoy making gifts for friends and family